Kids Camp: August 5-8
Junior Camp: August 5-10
Chi Rho Camp: July 29- August 3
CYF Rho Camp: July 29- August 3
Registration forms have been mailed to recent campers or contact the church office. FCC Puyallup offers a 50% scholarship to all youth campers.
Share concerns and joys in the
First Christian Church Prayer Chapel.
Always there for you.
The first folks that followed Christ became known as people of The Way. They lived out their faith in their everyday lives–
- praying and worshiping God together,
- studying together,
- eating together,
- and sharing what they had with one another.
(Read Acts 2:42-47 and Pastor Nancy’s reflections on this passage of Scripture here).
Somewhere along The Way, things changed. What it meant to be a Christian shifted. It became less about following Jesus and more about saying yes to a lot of propositions about Jesus (and God, and human beings, and the world–you get the idea).
We’re trying to reclaim that idea of being people of The Way. It’s part of our church’s history. The people who formed our church tradition wanted to free people from strict adherence to creedal statements about God and instead create a place where each person can discover what it means to follow Christ in their own lives today.
Following Jesus is exciting–a little risky–but an adventure of a lifetime…
Sunday morning adult study – Sundays at 9:45 am (summers off)
Sunday morning adult forum - Sundays at 9:45 am (summers off)
Youth Sunday School - Sundays at 9:45 am (summers off)
Book of the Month Club – first Tuesday of each month at 7 pm, varying locations
Back Row Broads (BRB) – Wednesdays at 10 am
Study Opportunity & Sew Energy Wisely (So & Sew) – Thursdays at 10 am
Men’s Group – Thursdays at 7 pm
Friends in Fellowship (FiF) Single Adults Group – times and activities vary
When someone says, “Come to church with me,” we may get a mental picture of going into a building called a “church.” What if instead of a building, we thought of “church” as people, both individually and collectively, living the way of Jesus at work, at home, and at play?
We think we’re called to “be the church” and not just “go to church.” That’s why at First Christian we’re looking for ways of living out the compassionate way of Jesus every day.
We know we don’t have all the answers and we can’t address every major societal problems on our own, so we partner with others to help make a difference. And when someone has a passion for a situation or issue, we work at being a supportive place where others can join in and help out.
Everyone has a calling
We’re not just being church when we work on projects together, we believe each one of us is being the church wherever we are. We try to live an authentic faith at work, in our neighborhoods, in our daily lives, wherever we find ourselves.
You may see us volunteering in schools, at the Food Bank, in English as a Second Language groups, with other churches, or with Habitat for Humanity. We may not be wearing a name tag that says, “I’m part of First Christian Church of Puyallup,” but that’s OK. We hope God’s vision of compassion and reconciliation gets the credit… not us.
- Freezing Nights – Friday nights at FCC Puyallup (November through March) – 7 pm to 8 am (click link for other nights’ schedules) Click here for volunteer forms.
- The Hangout – Monday, Wednesday, Friday afternoons at FCC Puyallup (June through August) – 12 noon to 5 pm
- Helping Hand House – Family homeless shelter & transitional housing
- Open Hearth - Emergency sheltering
- Puyallup Homeless Coalition
Over recent years we’ve partnered with and supported many local groups and far-reaching ministries:
- 2 Overseas Platoons
- 30 Hour Famine
- Associated Ministries
- Centennial Missions
- Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- Church World Service
- Disciples Mission Fund
- Earth Ministry
- EarthShare WA
- FCC Puyallup Blessing Box (Food Bank)
- Friends & Servants (helping at-risk youth)
- Global Ministries
- Good Samaritan Hospital Wee Gowns
- Gwinwood Camp
- Holiday Giving Tree & Thanksgiving Baskets
- Local Nursing Homes
- Local Schools
- Love, Inc.
- NW Christian University
- NW Regional Youth
- NW Region of the Christian Church (DoC)
- Paint Tacoma-Pierce Beautiful (photos)
- Pastor’s Discretionary Fund
- Puyallup Ministerial Association Free Summer Lunch Program for Kids
- Salvation Army
- Souper Bowl of Caring
- Tacoma Rescue Mission
- Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- Week of Compassion
- World Vision
- Yakama Christian Mission